Who We Are
Built in 1890 for newlyweds Clifford and Henrie Shand, this ornate, Queen Anne-style house was once considered a modern marvel in Windsor.
Featuring a fancy, original indoor bathroom, central heating, and stylish furniture from the Windsor furniture factory, the house stands as a testament to the Shand family legacy.
Admire the front hall's gleaming cherry-wood paneling. See a display of Clifford's memorabilia from the early days of the sport of bicycling. Take the servant’s stairs to the upper floor and climb the tower for a magnificent view of the Avon River and countryside; a beautiful setting for this comfortable family home.
Shand House Museum Open House Events:
- Sunday June 23: 1pm to 5pm Admission by donation
- Thursday July 18: 6pm to 8pm Admission by donation
- Friday August 2: 10am to 5pm Admission by donation
- Thursday August 15: 6pm to 8pm Admission by donation
- Sunday September 22: 1pm to 5pm Admission by donation